I just heard about an awesome opportunity for you and your family to stomp around in the woods!!
The Land Conservancy of West Michigan (LCWM) just announced a “Holiday Hike Challenge.” It’s a family-friendly event is intended to encourage people to get outside and explore nature during this holiday season.
LCWM has tied a red bow on a tree at 12 of the organization’s nature preserves located throughout West Michigan. Event participants can visit the preserves between December 15 and January 15 and send LCWM a photo of themselves with the decorated trees in order to be entered for a chance to win prizes.
Here are the ddtails:
Dates: The event will run from December 15 through January 15.
- Step 1: Hike. Visit our nature preserves and walk the trails to locate the tree with the red bow.
- Step 2: Photograph. Take a picture of you, a family member, or friend next to the tree with the bow.
- Step 3: Email. Email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Holiday Hike Challenge” and include your contact information in the email. Bonus: Identify the species of the decorated tree for an additional chance to win.
- Grand prize: A $100 gift certificate from Gilmore Collection Restaurants will be given to the first person to send in their picture from all 12 nature preserves.
- Drawing: LCWM encourages participants to visit multiple nature preserves, but even if they visit just one, they will still be entered into a drawing to win prizes. Additional prizes provided by Forest Hills Foods, Wild Birds Unlimited, Bill & Paul’s Sportshaus, Spare Time Designs, and John Fox.
The decorated trees can be found at the following LCWM nature preserves:
- Allegan County: Dune Pines Preserve.
- Kent County: B.D. White Nature Preserve, Brower Lake Nature Preserve, Lamberton Lake Fen Preserve, Maas Family Preserve, Saul Lake Bog Nature Preserve, Wege Natural Area.
- Oceana County: Lake Breeze Preserve.
- Ottawa County: DePersia South Highlands Preserve, Kuker-Van Til Preserve, Minnie Skwarek Nature Preserve, Palomita Nature Preserve.
Participants can download a map and driving directions of the nature preserves here: http://bit.ly/LCWM-preserves.
Rules and Guidelines
- One entry per family per preserve.
- Photo should clearly show bow with tag indicating preserve name.
- Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. on December 15th and ends at 11:59 p.m. on January 15th.
For more event information, visit the LCWM event web page at http://bit.ly/UFMIqm.