I’m SO excited to share this with you guys! Keeping it a secret was killing me!! But it’s officially announced now, so I can tell you about:
For four Sundays in 2012, the four major downtown museums will open their doors free of admission. One Sunday each quarter, January 22, April 15, July 15 and October 21, the Grand Rapids Art Museum, the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum, the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum and the Grand Rapids Public Museum will join together to welcome the region’s residents for free general admission at each institution from noon to 5 pm.
Generously supported by presenting sponsors Amway and Fifth Third Bank, a family would have the opportunity to sample new experiences, at no financial risk. Depending on the age of the children, a family of 5 could save as much as $114 if they take advantage of these four Sundays to visit each museum.
The participating organizations include:
- Grand Rapids Art Museum www.artmuseumgr.org
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum www.grcm.org
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov
- Grand Rapids Public Museum www.grmuseum.org
Free general admission will be offered during these Museums Free 4 All dates and hours:
- Sunday, January 22, noon – 5 pm
- Sunday, April 15, noon – 5 pm
- Sunday, July 15, noon – 5 pm
- Sunday, October 21, noon – 5 pm
Information will also be available at www.facebook/pages/Museums-Free-4-All.
I LOVE this, and I know you will too! I’m feeling very big city, and very fortunate right about now Don’t worry, I’ll remind you of all of these dates!