I’ve updated the Calendar with some ongoing events and links, as well as added more summer dates for fun things around town.
This weekend, we are headed to Lansing (again! This will be two weeks in a row for me!) for the “Be A Tourist In Your Own Town” event. For $1, we bought a passport which will allow us admission to a ton of museums, activities, and events. Of course there is the gas to get to Lansing, but I still think we’re coming out ahead. Once we get there, we can just take a bus for $0.50 (all day) around town.
I’m still trying to narrow down what we should do, but I’m most excited about:
- A pedal boat ride at Burchfield Park.
- Construction University, where kids can see how the big vehicles work and “learn about the CSO (Combined Sewer Overflow) and a Greener Lansing” (?).
- Greater Lansing Go Green where kids can dig around in giant compost bins. (??)
- Creation Station at Impression 5 Children’s Museum.
- An instrument petting zoo at Elderly Instruments.
- A free canoe rental on MSU’s Campus.
- Bug handling at the MSU Bug House.
- Watching cheese and ice cream being made at the MSU Dairy Store.
There is more, check out Big Binder’s Calendar for a link. Have a great week!